Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Book love

As I have mentioned before, I have started a book club over the last few months with some of my nearest and dearest friends, and have really enjoyed connecting with them on an entirely new, deeper level.

So far we have read "Blindness", and just finished "The Help", and now we are about to start the appropriate holiday classic "Frankenstein". 

Over the past 3 years, I have happily watched my book collection dwindle, as I have parted with my "library" collection of books, in order to make room for more space in my life. What is the purpose of  lugging around books that I have already read, or hope maybe some day to complete, when someone else can enjoy them in the present.

I'm a firm believer of swaps and free boxes, so I like to give my share of stuff away to people. So when I heard about this wonderful box set up in East Vancouver where I live, I got quite excited.

Its a Neighbourhood Book Exchange box, set up mere blocks from my house! It has two shelves dedicated to adult books and then one for children's education and picture books. It always is packed with a varied selection of novels, and more importantly is open 24/7 and free to all book lovers.

Suffice it to say I left behind my copy of "The Help" today when I visited this extraordinary cupboard, and will be more than liking leaving, my $3 copy of "Frankenstein" that I picked up from a used bookstore, there next month.

Books are meant to be shared. 
Whether it be with friends or strangers. 
So spread the word. 

Love Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment