I have over the years made the switch to...
- Composting all my kitchen wastes, including coffee grinds, toilet paper rolls, dead leaves, and leftover foods.
- Only purchasing Avalon milk, so that I can return the bottles for reuse and support a local farm
- Only doing my laundry once a week, and using my drying rack indoors when I can
- Taking out my tiny garbage only once a week (sometimes every two weeks!)
- Recycling every bit of paper I receive, as well as carrying a coffee mug with me where ever I go
- I tariff my jars and buy in bulk as much as possible
- Not purchasing cling wrap, and only using containers for my leftovers as well as amazing beeswax covering's for my food from a wonderful local company called Abeego
- NOT TAKING PLASTIC BAGS - This is my big one, as I really loathe the amount of plastic bags that are being used (and furthermore not being reused) in the world. I carry one of my canvas bags with me everywhere, and if don't have one, I force myself to carry my purchase in my arms.
(Photo from The Soap Dispensary Website)
Next time I go in I am going to try their bubble bath, which they will scent for you with essential oil blends, and also try one of their wooden toothbrushes :)
I urge everyone who reads this to think about their ecological footprint, and the small ways that they can change their practices everyday. It will make the world of difference :)
What do you do to help your environment?