Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sisterly Love

Yesterday my lovely sister and I spent a wonderful day together tromping through the unexpected snow storm, painting and attending a theatrical concert.

We met up around halfway through the day at my place (after my relaxing morning of yoga and tea times), and since we had a couple of hours to spend till our concert that night, we pulled out my paint set and set our imaginations a blaze.

We started in on the same canvas with no idea what we were going to create and ended up making a beautiful under the water scene, which we are going to give to our mom.
I also made painted an awesome hot air balloon, which I am going to add some more detail to on a later date.
It had been a long time since I painted, and so my man got me a lovely paint box, with paints and brushes included for Christmas :) It was really sweet and super inspiring!

After we washed off our paint brushes, we laced up our corsets and I downed my rock creeks, to ready ours selves for the Emilie Autumn concert.
The buses were slow because of the crazy amount of Vancouver snowfall, but we still managed to make it down to the Rickshaw in good time for the show.

I really didn't know what to expect going into this concert as I had only seen one photo of Emilie Autumn and when I tried listening to her music on youtube, I couldn't stand the gothic angsty songs.... but since I had received free tickets from a friend and I knew that my sister was into her, I decided to give it a whirl.


There was Victorian corsets, silk dancing, fire spinning, tea and cupcakes being thrown into the audience, and rat games. The show was phenomenal! If you have the chance to see them in the flesh I totally recommend it as they ooze stage presence!

We capped off our night with a enchanted snow walk and "Josie and the Pussycats" playing in a warm bed room.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well and enjoy the Oscars today (we are all dressed up and heading down to the local movie theatre to catch them on the big screen!)

Happy End Of Feb To You All! <3


1 comment: