Monday, June 25, 2012

Love What You Do

Lately I have realized that the key to happiness is just doing what your heart desires... silly right. That should be simple enough but a lot of us don't do that. Most of us are too afraid to go after our own ambitions, or to say no to the things we despise doing.

Last night I took a bike ride around my neighbourhood at 11 pm. Gazed in peoples windows and collected fresh flowers with my scissors. I came home refreshed but starved, and made a batch of cookies by the dim light of my stove, and listened to old radio classics like "The Whistler" and "The Shadow". That was exactly what I wanted to do, and it made my heart swell with joy to do so.

Following my heart this morning, I awoke to my own inner alarm, and ate said cookies for breakfast, and made plans for my full day ahead.

After frolicking at the gym, collecting fruits at the store, and tidying my garden, I set out on Emerald for an ADVENTURE!












I love just seeing where Emerald will take me. Zipping down side lanes, 
and stumbling upon cute little shops :)
What better way to spend a lovely day!

Pictured above is the newest copy of THE FILTER! (That's my man's article featured on the cover!) The new paper that my lovely friends Vanessa and Jill are producing and that I am writing for. My first written piece is in this issue so please go and check it out. You can pick up your very own copy at various locations on Commercial Drive, Main St and the Hastings Sunrise area.

My article in this issue is about the Regional Assembly of Text's monthly Letter Writing Club. It's a lovely store, that just so happens to sell some of their cards at my work, and is is also where I made the Pippi Longstocking and Moomins buttons featured above.
 
I hope that you all have a lovely day adventuring! 
Love Britt



No comments:

Post a Comment